Tags: icloud email icloud login icloud sign in my icloud mail
Mail server settings for iCloud mail clients
You will need these mail server settings to manually set up your email app (client) to use an iCloud email account.
IMAP information for the incoming mail server
- Server name: imap.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes (If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS instead.)
- Port: 993
- Username: This is usually the name part of your iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker, not [email protected]). If your email client can't connect to iCloud using just the name part of your iCloud email address, try using the full address.
- Password: Generate an app-specific password (App-specific passwords allow you to sign in to your account securely when you use third-party apps with your Apple ID).
To generate and use app-specific passwords, your Apple ID must be protected with two-factor authentication.
Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.
Follow the steps on your screen
SMTP information for the outgoing mail server
- Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes (If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.)
- Port: 587
- SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
- Username: Your full iCloud email address (for example, [email protected], not jobs)
- Password: Use the app-specific password that you generated when you set up the incoming mail server. (see how to generate an app-specific password as above).