Hotmail - www.Hotmail.com
Hotmail was one of the first webmail services on the Internet: www.Hotmail.com. Hotmail was launched on July 4, 1996, and then Hotmail was sold to Microsoft in December 1997 for a reported $400 million. To get started with Hotmail email, you need to create Microsoft Account.
A Microsoft Account gives you access to Microsoft products like Hotmail/Outlook, OneDrive, Skype, Office, MSN, Store, Xbox Live and much more.
Transition to Outlook.com
Outlook.com was first introduced on July 31, 2012 with beta version. Existing Hotmail customers could freely upgrade to the preview version of Outlook.com and downgrade back. Outlook.com graduated preview stage on 18 February 2013. According to Microsoft, the upgrade was deployed on April 3, 2013; the user kept their existing Hotmail accounts and received the option of having an @outlook.com email address. By May 2013, Outlook.com had 400 million active users.
How to Sign in to Hotmail.com on the web
- Navigate to Hotmail at https://www.hotmail.com/ or https://outlook.com. It will redirect you to https://login.live.com/
- Enter your Hotmail Email Address or Phone number into the upper box. This field is not cAsE SeNsItIvE.
- Now enter your Hotmail Password. Your Password is case sensitive.
- We recommend that you got the "Keep me signed in" checkbox selected. This ensures that you won’t be constantly interrupted to re-enter your password.
- Click "Sign In".
Sign in to Hotmail.com on iPhone/iPad (iOS)
- It's recommeded to use Microsoft Outlook app by Microsoft Corporation on Apple store to access your Hotmail email. Install the app.
- Launch app and enter your full email address. And tab "Add Account".
- Enter your login credentials and tap "Sign in".
After configuring your synchronization settings, you account is ready to use now.
Sign in to Hotmail.com on Android
- It's recommeded to use Microsoft Outlook app by Microsoft Corporation on Google Play store to access your Hotmail email. Install the app.
- Open Microsoft Outlook app, there is a Welcome screen. Click "Get Started".
- On "Add Account" screen, enter your email address, ex: [email protected] or [email protected]. If you don't have any email address yet, see "Hotmail Sign Up" tutorial to create a new Hotmail Account.
- In the previous step, if you enter an email address of another email provider as Gmail, for example: [email protected], you will go to an "Choose account type" screen. Select your account type here, ex: "Outlook" for both email address of @outlook.com and @hotmail.com
- On "Connect Outlook" screen, enter your Hotmail Email Address or Phone number into the upper box. This field is not cAsE SeNsItIvE.
- Now enter your Hotmail Password. Your password is case sensitive.
- Click "Sign In".